Double Bit Axe Rules
UKAT Double Bit Axe (Based on Berserkers Club rules Originally written by David Mitchell)
As Double Bit Axe throwing is a single distance, single Implement competition not all the rules conform to the general UKAT Rules. The following rules supersede the general rules unless otherwise noted.
- Refer to General Rules
- The center 5cm (1.97 inches) Bullseye, is 5 points, concentric rings are 5cm and worth 4/3/2/1 points respectively . Any sticks beyond the outer ring is worth Zero. Refer to Diagrams.
- Scoring is based on 3 sets of 6=18 throws (90 point max.)
- A softwood log round 20-24” in diameter and 12-16” thick is recommended.
- Painted targets must meet the Double Bit target dimensions. Refer to Diagrams.
- The center of the bullseye is to be 5’-0” (1.5m) off the ground.
4.The foul line is be 20’ (6.1m) from the target face.
- Throwers will need to maintain targets to ensure highly visible rings to allow easy and accurate scoring. A repaint Mid Season is recommended.
- Each (Pre) Season the average of 2 Sessions will be used to determine new member’s rank.
- Novice 0-34, Intermediate 35-49, Advanced 50-64, Expert 65-74, Master 75-90
- Once your rank is determined you will only be competing against other throwers of your Rank.
- A Thrower’s seasonal average score will determine their rank the following season.
- A Top 3 Finalist’s Score will determine their rank the following season if it is above their average.
Accepted Implements: (Refer to Diagrams)
- A double bit axe has 2 cutting edges (fore and back bit)
- Bit/blade length of 6” or less (measured tip to tip)
- Handle no shorter than 24” (measured from the top of the head to the base of the handle along the centerline of the handle) .
- Weight min. 1134 g (2 1/2 lb) including handle
- Axes may have a thinned false edge top or bottom of the blade, but it must not be sharp (1/16” +/-).
- All construction styles (wood, composite, metal, hybrid) are allowed provided they are deemed safe by a league official.