Icebreaker is designed to allow new throwers and experienced throwers that are new to UKAT get used to throwing online. It will also allow throwers with limited space or resources to get involved. All you need is one target, one knife or axe, and 4-5m of clear space. Game play is 18 throws at a single target from the 3m Foul line, its that simple!
Icebreaker is a single distance, single Implement competition that does not conform to all the general UKAT Rules. The following rules supersede the general rules unless otherwise noted.
- Refer to General Rules
- Scoring is based on 3 sets of 6=18 throws (90 point max.)
- Only a Single target is required
- Painted targets must be either IKTHOF or Euro Thrower/Blade Aces Standard. Refer to Drawings
- The center of the bullseye is to be 5’-0” (1.5m) off the ground.
- Targets may be endgrain blocks, a log round, or a plank wall.
- Throwers will need to maintain targets to ensure highly visible rings to allow easy and accurate scoring. A repaint Mid Season is recommended.
- The foul line is 3m from the target face. Note: Youth league players may stand at the 2.5m line for Icebreaker.
- Throwers will need to maintain targets to ensure highly visible rings to allow easy and accurate scoring. A repaint Mid Season is recommended, and your official may request one sooner if verification is challenging.
- Each (Pre) Season the average of 2 Sessions will be used to determine new member’s rank.
- Novice 0-34, Intermediate 35-49, Advanced 50-64, Expert 65-74, Master 75-90
- Once your rank is determined you will only be competing against other throwers of your Rank.
- A Thrower’s seasonal average score will determine their rank the following season.
- A Top 3 Finalist’s Score will determine their rank the following season if it is above their average.
Accepted Implements: (Refer to Diagrams)